Since early in my formative years, I have longed for the period when I would own a kegerator of my own. I was a bit of a delinquent, so the thought of owning an appliance that would hold 165 cold beers was a heavenly wet dream. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am able to drink myself stupid at will as an adult using my own kegerator. I have a story to disprove anyone who claims dreams don’t come true.
The purpose of this article is to examine the best-selling kegerator from EdgeStar, the KC2000. This unit is inexpensive, although cheap units exist in certain big box lands. This EdgeStar unit will fit the needs of 85% of the public. It gets plenty cold, has an adjustable thermostat, and will fit most full sized kegs. You might want to look for a slightly largely unit if you frequently used oversized Miller Coors kegs. Other than that, this unit is likely to fit your needs unless you are a bit of a snob, not that there is anything significantly wrong with that.
EdgeStar KC2000 Highlights
- Cheap – Typically costs between $450 – $529 shipped.
- Assembled in the United States.
- Claims to be the lowest temperature kegerator on the market with temps reaching the low 30s.
- The internal dimensions allow this unit to fit the majority of kegs. You should still cross reference the size of your favorite brands shell vs. the internal dimensions before buying any unit. Internal dimensions of the KC2000: 28″ H x 16 3/4″ W x 15 1/2″ D
- There is an adjustable thermostat.
- It has a 5 foot beer line.
EdgeStar KC2000 Review
The EdgeStar KC2000 is an entry level kegerator. Depending on the discount amount, you can find one in the $450 to $529 dollar range. This amount typically includes shipping. The main drawback of the KC2000 is the appearance. It’s a no frills unit that lacks the more “sophisticated” stainless look many prefer. If your main goal is tasty draft beer at an affordable price, this is a great unit.
Reviews Around The Web
Opinions of the KC2000 are generally quite favorable. The average on Kegerator.com, Google Shopping, and Amazon is all 4+ star.
- On Kegerator.com, the KC2000 has a 4 star rating with over 170 reviews.
- On Amazon, there are 30 reviews with a 4+ star rating.
The EdgeStar KC2000 is the best low cost kegerator on the market. It maintains low temperatures, has a solid regulator, and can hold most kegs. If you are looking for a sub $500 kegerator, it is a great choice.
– View the single faucet black finish version
– View the dual faucet black finish version
– View the single faucet stainless steel version
– View the dual faucet stainless steel version