Summit has been a well respected manufacturer of high-end appliances since 1969. Their SBC490BL kegerator is a sturdy unit capable of being the crown jewel in a man cave or den. This particular unit is built to UL commercial standard 471. A unique feature of the SBC490BL is the fact that it can be used as a built in or freestanding. Automatic defrost keeps this unit running efficiently with minimal effort. Two adjustable shelves are included on the off chance you decide to use it as a compact refrigerator. The fan cooled compressor comes with a five year warranty. The rest of the parts and labor are covered under a comprehensive one year warranty. While this isn’t the sleekest looking unit on the market, it is built solidly to ensure your beer pours ice cold.
Summit SBC490BI Review
- Built to UL Commercial Standards
- Can be Used as a Built-in or Freestanding Unit
- Automatic Defrost for Convenient Maintenance
- Include Empty 5 Pound CO2 Tank, Sankey Tap, & Cleaning Kit
- Sturdy Casters Allow for Easy Mobility
- CFC Free for Environmentally Friendly Usage
- Includes an Optional Chrome Guard Rail
- 2 Optional Shelves Are Included for Added Flexibility
- Ships at 152 Pounds / 135 Pounds Assembled
- Adjustable Dial Thermostat
- Five Year Warranty on the Compressor (One Year on Other Parts & Labor)
- Uses Environmentally Friendly R134A Refrigerant (2.1 Ounces)
- 35″ Height (without Tower), 24″ Width, and 25″ Depth
- 6.4 Cubic Feet of Space
- 115 V AC/60 Hz – 1.7 Amps
- Includes Stainless Steel Bottom Tray
- Three Prong Wall Plug
The Summit SBC490BI is a well built, versatile, commercial grade kegerator manufactured by a highly respected company. At 6.4 cubic feet this is one of the larger single tap kegerators on the market. It is made to environmentally friendly CFC free and energy efficient standards. The unit is heavy at 135lbs, but sturdy casters allow for easy mobility. One of the greatest features is the flexibility offered by being able to use the unit built-in or freestanding. Beer pours ice cold with temperatures reaching the lower 30s and the ability to make adjustments with a dial thermostat. Automated defrost makes maintenance a breeze.
Overall, this well-built unit will satisfy most users kegerator needs for years.